Purpose of this Public Resources Website
The purpose of this Public Resources Website is to provide resources that will assist enterprises in reaching BORO's goal.
Links to the four main types of resources are given below:
- Educational materialsfor developing an understanding of the BORO approach.
- In his website these are in the form of Working Papers and can be found here.
- A business object ontologyan overall framework for encouraging simplicity and ensuring consistency within reference ontologies.
- The evolution of this ontology is described in Volume O - Ontology of the Working Papers and can be found here.
- Explanations of elements of the ontology are described in Volume B - The BORO Business Object Ontology of the Working Papers and can be found here.
- The FRO - the Framework Reference Ontology - can be found here.
- Reference ontologiesstandard frameworks for supporting the integration of particular business areas.
- A methodology for extracting reference ontologies from existing systems.
- An overview of this, as well as extensive worked examples, can be found in Volume M - The BORO Methodology of the Working Papers available here